Wednesday 6 October 2010

I Wonder

Last night, I was fortunate enough to be able to go and see a talk by Marian Bantjes at St Bride Library, a designer who I have respected since discovering whilst researching my first ever design project. Although primarily talking about the launch of her new book, 'I wonder', Marian also discussed her life as a designer and some of her views on the industry.




 

Something Marian Bantjes said that interested me was about her approach to her design methods. Bantjes mentioned that she enjoyed work with organic, flowing forms, however she enjoyed visual alignment and balanced work, as 'structure and order are calming'. Another intriguing comment made was that graphics is now too used to simplicity, therefore complicity is a wonder.

Something to bare in mind, perhaps?

Oh yes, before I forget, who was I to meet at this talk but the editor of Eye Magazine, John L. Walters. Cue stumbling over words. Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment