Tuesday 26 October 2010

Layout//Out&About

L A Y O U T

In the morning, we had a Layout workshop led by Jo Spencer who is actually a working Graphic Designer who teaches on the side. Jo basically gave us all a tutorial in the program 'InDesign', which was really useful as although I have worked in InDesign a little before, I never had tutoring in it and am definitely still a novice! As well as learning the basics, we were guided through how to make a page layout and how to convert it in to a PDF file, something that we will have to master to be able to progress in the course. Below is my experimentation in InDesign, oh and the text doesn't mean anything so no need to try and make sense of it!





O U T  &  A B O U T

The afternoon session was led by Paul, who took us to the 'Museum of Everything', located on the
corner of Regents Park Road and Sharpleshall Street. As soon as we got there, we were a little disappointed to find out there was no photography allowed whatsoever. In fact, there were warnings of £1000 fines and DEATH inside the museum, so I safely obeyed the rules.

I did however take a few photos on the way to and outside the museum...


'Make tea, not war', Souvenir from the M.O.E, Outside the M.O.E
Once inside the Museum, we wandered around Peter Blake's exhibition, which featured collections he had started from the age of 14, something I think I should perhaps get started on, if I ever want to present a collection as impressive as his. There were a variety of things on show such as circus memorabilia, dolls, mirrors, rocking horses, taxidermy (the list goes on..), which was a really unusual collection and not something you ordinarily come across. I copied down a quote from Peter Blake that I thought was quite representative of the exhibition and summed it up well, he said, 'Exhibition 3 is as much about the emotions and memories hidden in each object, as it is about the objects themselves.'

No comments:

Post a Comment