Wednesday 4 May 2011

James Derwin / Event / Immersive Worlds Contemporary Art Exhibition

I went to go and see this free Contemporary Art Exhibition when I was back home in Devon over Easter. The Spanish Barn in Torre Abbey is only 5 minutes from where I live, so it's always a nice surprise when there's something going on. The work shown there was quite interactive, but if the viewer did not choose to interact, it remained quietly in the barn, making it feel a little bit spooky. Artists showing their work were:  James Derwin, Phil Dixon, Linda Khatir, Michele Whiting, Clem So, Rik Pitman, Beth Jenkins, Carl Cashman, Sarah Baker, Daryl Mearing and Helen Tranckle. Here's a quick photo from the exhibition; me surrounded my a chandelier made from old reading glasses.



No comments:

Post a Comment